Before I became a serious card maker, I earned a bachelor's degree in Mass Communication and spent many years designing newsletters, membership directories, promotional materials and writing press releases.
Now, I'm using those skills to further develop my paper crafting hobby!
Some quick notes:
- I design for The Greeting Farm, Your Next Stamp, and Whimsy and Stars Studio.
- I am completing my term at Christmas Card Challenges in May 2013.
- I was featured as the May 2012 guest designer at Christmas Card Challenges, was the July 2012 Guest Designer for The Greeting Farm, and the September guest designer for The Craft's Meow!
- I completed Standard Copic certification in April 2012, and completed Intermediate Copic Certification in September 2012.
- I had several cards published in the April/May edition of Designed to Color, a magazine that showcased cards and projects colored with Copics, pencils, ProMarkers, or other techniques and materials. One of my cards also made the cover (the one on the bottom right)!
To view the full issue, please click HERE.
(My other two cards are on pages 20 and 28.)
- I also had three cards published in the June/July issue of Designed to Color magazine!
- I have cards scheduled for publication in two national magazines later this year (one in July and the other in September/October). I'll update here with the information once they're published!
My cards are on pages 11, 30 and 36.
- I'm a former member of the Unscripted Sketches design team and the Karber Stamps preview team at Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps. I also served as SCRS's Newsletter Coordinator from May 2011 to December 2011 and was their guest designer in April 2011.
- I was also a member of the Flutter By Wednesdays Design Team from January - April 2012, and part of the colourQ Royal Court from December 2010 to July 2012.
- I design the blog graphics for the Drunken Stampers challenge blog, and I recently completed my term as part of the Design Team.
- I was a guest designer for the Seize the Birthday challenge blog in March 2013.
So, if you're looking for a guest designer for your weekly challenge blog or for your company, please let me know! I'd be happy to discuss the opportunity with you by e-mail at sparklingscrapper
Thanks so much!